Your Parish council operates at a level below District and Borough Councils and is the first tier of Local Government. We have a full council of nine elected members who all commit their time on a voluntary basis to support the running of our Parish. We have variable tax raising and fixed penalty fining powers (ie for dog fouling) and are supported by a part time Clerk.
We are responsible for:
- maintenance of public / green spaces (ie the wildlife garden)
- recreational areas (ie the playing field)
- consultation on neighbourhood planning
- maintaining “rights of way”
- local authority liaison (police, transport etc)
many other things (eg Xmas lights etc)